- Dimensions (HWD): 4 1/5” x 1 1/4” x 1 3/4” (10.67 cm x 3.23 cm x 4.45 cm)
- Mounting Options:
- Mounts onto standard single-gang US, UK, or EU back boxes
- Mounts into standard decor style wallplates (not included)
- Weight: Approximately 0.45 lb (0.2 kg)
- Shipping Weight: Approximately 1.05 lb (.47 kg)
- MTBF: 896,000 hrs
- Airflow: Convection (openings on top of case)
- Compatible AMX Products:
- Enova DGX 800/1600/3200/6400 Digital Media Switchers with DGX-I-DXL-4K DGX DXLink Twisted Pair 4K Input Board installed
- DX-RX-4K, DXLink 4K HDMI Receiver Module as a point-to-point solution (when Wallplate TX is powered by PS-POE-AT-TC or PDXL-2)
- DGX-I-DXL-4K, Enova DGX DXLink Twisted Pair 4K Input Board
- PS-POE-AT-TC, High Power PoE Injector
- PDXL-2, Power over DXLink Controller
- Enova DVX-3255HD, DVX-3256HD and 2255HD, DVX-3155HD, DVX-3156HD and 2155HD All-In-One Presentation Switchers
NOTE: For passage of 4K signal content, 4K products must be used. DXLink 4K HDMI Decor Style Wallplate Transmitters are also compatible with DXLink Twisted Pair (non-4K) equipment and Enova DVX-3255HD, DVX-3256HD and DVX-2255HD All-In-One Presentation Switchers. Conditions may apply, please reference hardware reference manuals or contact technical support for details
- Regulatory Compliance:
- UL 60950-1 2nd Ed. Am2
- CAN/CSA 22.2 No. 60950-1 2nd Ed. Am2
- IEC 60950-1 2nd Ed. Am2
- CE EN 60950-1 2nd Ed. Am2
- CE EN 55022:2010 Class A
- CE EN 55024:2010
- FCC CFR Title 47 Part 15 Subpart B Class A
- ICES-003 issue 6 Class A
- CISPR 22
- CISPR 24
- Optional Accessories:
- PS-POE-AT-TC High Power PoE Injector (FG423-84)
- PDXL-2 Power over DXLink Controller (FG1090-170)
DXLink TWISTED PAIR
- Transport Layer Throughput (max): 10.2 Gbps
- Twisted Pair Cable Type: Shielded Cat6A or Cat7*
- Twisted Pair Cable Length**:
- Up to 262 ft. (80 m) for full 4K signal support
- Up to 328 ft. (100 m) for 1080p and below
*DXLink twisted pair cable runs for DXLink equipment shall only be run within a common building where a common building is defined as: the walls of the structure(s) are physically connected and the structure(s) share a single ground reference For more details and helpful cabling information, reference the white paper titled Cabling for Success with DXLink, or contact your AMX representative.
**IMPORTANT: DXLink twisted pair cable runs for DXLink equipment shall only be run within a common building. “Common building” is defined as: Where the walls of the structure(s) are physically connected and the structure(s) share a single ground reference.
ACTIVE POWER REQUIREMENTS
- DXLink Power
- Power must be supplied by a DXLink Power sourcing device such as an Enova DGX 8/16/32/64 or 800/1600/3200/6400 Digital Media Switcher or compatible Enova DVX All-In-One Presentation Switcher (DVX-3255HD, 3256HD or 2255HD, DVX-3155HD, 3156HD or 2155HD), PS-POE-AT-TC High Power PoE Injector (FG423-84), or PDXL-2 Power over DXLink Controller (FG1090-170). AMX does not support the use of any other power supplies or PoE injectors as these may potentially damage the DXLink equipment.
- When installed in conjunction with the Enova DGX 100 Series Digital Media Switcher, use the Enova DGX 100 Series Configuration Tool located at www.amx.com/enova to determine the power requirements of the configuration and whether any of the DXLink Transmitters or Receivers should be powered with the local power supplies or the supported Power over DXLink injector. The configuration tool contains instructions on how to determine power requirements.
- AMX only supports the use of these approved Power over DXLink solutions. Other third party power supplies or non-compatible standard PoE solutions may damage the DXLink equipment.
- Power Connector: Included on DXLink Connection
- AC Power:
- AMX POE Injector
- 100-240 VAC single phase, 50-60 Hz
- 0.8 A @ 100 VAC max.
- Power Consumption (Max): Enova DXLink Power Consumed (max) 4 W
- Temperature (Operating): 32° to 104° F (0° to 40° C)
- Temperature (Storage): -22° to 158° F (-30° to 70° C)
- Humidity (Operating): 5% to 85% RH (non-condensing)
- Humidity (Storage): 0% to 90% RH (non-condensing)
- Thermal Dissipation, Enova DXLink Power Supplied (max): 14 BTU/hr
- User Accessible (accessible with faceplate mounted)
- HDMI Input: HDMI connector (with locking center screw) for digital video and embedded digital audio (supports a DVI-D signal with use of DVI-to-HDMI cable adapter). HDMI Type A Female
- DXLink LED: Indicates when a link is established to a downstream device.
- HDCP LED: Indicates that the signal being sent downstream is HDCP-encrypted content (blinks when passing non-HDCP video).
- Compatible Formats: HDMI, HDCP , DVI (DVI requires conversion cable)
- Input Signal Type:
- HDMI, DVI-D (Single Link with a DVI-to-HDMI cable adapter)
- DisplayPort ++ (Input only with HDMI cable adapter)
- Input Connector: HDMI Type A Female
- Propagation Delay (Typ): 5 μs
- Input Re-clocking (CDR): Yes
- Input Equalization: Adaptive
- Video Data Rate (max): 8.91 Gbps
- Video Pixel Clock (max): 297 MHz
- Progressive Resolution Support: 480p up to 4096 x 2160 @ 60 Hz*
- *Y/Cb/Cr 4:2:0 and 4K Scaler in Bypass
- NOTE: See full list of formats on page 82 in the DXLink Twisted Pair Transmitters/Receiver Hardware Reference Manual
- Interlaced Resolution Support: 480i, 576i, 1080i*
- *Including but not limited to those resolutions shown in the DXLink Twisted Pair Transmitters/Receiver Instruction Manual
- If input is interlaced, all scaled outputs will deinterlace video to a progressive resolution format. If in scaler Bypass mode interlaced input will pass through unaltered.
- 4K Resolution Support:
- 3840x2160p@24/25/30 Hz
- 4096x2160p@24/25/30 Hz
- 3840x2160p@60 Hz, 4:2:0*
- 4096x2160p@60 Hz, 4:2:0*
- Supported by DX-RX-4K when in Bypass scaling mode.
- NOTE: See full list of formats in the DXLink Twisted Pair Transmitters/Receiver Instruction Manual
- Deep Color Support: 24-bit, 30-bit*, 36-bit*
- *Only supported when the Receiver scaler is in Bypass mode using CEA-861 formats and the resolution is 1080p/60 or less
- Color Space Support:
- RGB 4:4:4
- YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2, and 4:2:0
- Input signal support for YCbCr 4:4:4 and 4:2:2; output color-space is converted to RGB 4:4:4.
4:2:0 only supported at 2160p 50/60Hz with 4K RX Scaler in Bypass.
- 3D Format Support: (HDMI Primary Formats)
- Frame Packing 1080p up to 24 Hz
- Frame Packing 720p up to 50/60 Hz
- Frame Packing 1080i up to 50/60 Hz
- Top-Bottom 1080p up to 24 Hz
- Top-Bottom 720p up to 50/60 Hz
- Side-by-Side Half 1080i up to 50/60 Hz
- NOTE: 3D supported when the HDMI DXLink RX Scaler is in Bypass mode and format is 1080p60 or less
- HDMI Cable Requirement: HDMI High Speed Cable, Category 2, Required
- Audio Format Support
- Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital*, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS*, 2CH through 8CH L-PCM*
- Dolby Digital and DTS support up to 48 kHz, 5.1 channels.
- Audio Resolution: 16 bit to 24 bit
- Audio Sample Rate: 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192kHz
- HDCP Support
- Supports AMX HDCP 1.4 InstaGate Pro® Technology.
- When used with Enova DGX switchers, the key support is up to 16 sinks per output, independent of the source device.
- When used as a single point-to-point solution, key support is defined by the source device.
- CEC Support: CEC is not currently supported
- DDC/EDID Support
- The HDMI EDID in point to point mode is passed up from the sink device.
- When used with Enova DGX 16/32 Digital Media Switcher or Enova DVX-2155 or -3155 the HDMI EDID is passed from the Enova Switcher input to the TX and is user re-programmable. The analog video input connection provides a fixed EDID set.
- For the EDID list, see the specifications in the "Enova DGX DXLink Twisted Pair 4K Boards" chapter in the Hardware Reference Manual – Enova DGX 100 Series Digital Medial Switchers.
Note: Specifications are subject to change. The most current and complete specifications for this product can always be found at AMX.com: AV for an IT World.
Learn important installation, configuration and programming techniques in the following course(s) from Harman Professional University:
- Getting Started with Enova DGX (Online)
For schedules and registration for these and any Harman Professional University courses, visit College of AMX.